|Job title: Software Engineer II, Android - High Capacity Vehicles|
|Location||New Delhi, Delhi|
|Job date||Wed, 10 Feb 2021 08:55:06 GMT|
Job description: About the Team
On the Rides Engineering team, we write code that ignites opportunities for millions of people every day. We're focused on making Uber's core ridesharing products faster, safer, and more reliable by building scalable software solutions for riders and drivers on our platform.
High Capacity Vehicles (HCV) is a growing line of business which aims to provide riders an alternate low cost and environment friendly transportation option while also decongesting cities. This team is focussed on building an experience used by commuters everyday to get to and from work by using comfortable High Capacity Vehicles.
About the Role
As a software engineer in the HCV team, you will work on some of the core features and workflows in the Uber rider and driver app which is used by our customers across the world. You will have an opportunity to join this growing line of business in its very early phase and play a key role in influencing the development of mass-commute tech.
At Uber, we take pride in offering the best quality service to our customers - you will collaborate closely with product managers and business operations teams to build for scale, yet focusing on providing intuitive and delightful customer experiences.
What you'll do
- Closely collaborate with product, design and business teams to understand product ideas and business needs and help deliver these as a series of fast experiments.
- Implement native user interfaces with the latest Android technologies. Contribute to the Android monorepo on core Uber flows enabling a variety of new experiences related to HCV use cases.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Play an active role in team's technical design choices, code reviews and documentation.
- Coach and mentor junior or new engineers joining the HCV team.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of full-time Android engineering experience with proficiency in one of the following languages - Java or Kotlin. Good understanding of object oriented programming, multithreading, networking, memory management and source control management (git).
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences. Passion about delivering software that delights our end users. Proficiency with UI/UX paradigms to build elegant user experiences.
- Experience working with product management and design teams.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Good communication and collaboration skills to be able to work in a fast paced and distributed environment.
- Experience in testing and deploying scalable mobile applications. Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments.
- Fast learner: We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. Should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our extensive growth and constantly evolving business environment.
- A great teammate: Believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
Bonus points if
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field