|Job title: Senior Android Engineer -GoPay|
|Location||New Delhi, Delhi|
|Job date||Thu, 25 Feb 2021 03:41:25 GMT|
Job description: About the Role
Roll up your sleeves and climb on board if you're ready to be our next Senior Android Engineer. In this role, you will be an integral player in the GoPay team based in Bangalore, India. With knowledge of the general mobile landscape, current user preferences and trends, and emerging technologies in the mobile engineering field, you will work alongside the product management team and cross-functional teams (Product Engineer, DevOps, Data, UX, QA) to improve overall application performance, code structure, and develop robust, well-designed software systems. Your work will directly ensure our users get quality care and a seamless experience with our services.
What You Will Do
- Design, build and improve the android mobile experience
- Enable and build personal, interconnected, Geo-location-leveraging mobile products and experiences compatible with low bandwidth and often unreliable internet connections
- Improve code structure and architecture in service of testability and maintainability
- Build reusable android software components for interfacing with multiple applications
- Formulate clear and efficient technical documentations
What You Will Need
- At least 4 years of experience in android development, with working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures and implementation (MVP, MVVM,MVI), trends, and emerging technologies within the mobile engineering field
- Prior experience in building Frameworks and SDKs
- Proficiency in Kotlin, Java, Android tools & Android Studio
- Able to write product specifications and actively participate in the planning phase; able to write model code for functional and nonfunctional requirements, including improving the code quality standard across the team
- Working experience with popular third-party libraries for networking, async, and image loading
- Experience with android tools bundled along android sdk
- Experience with CI/CD optimization
About the Team
Our GoPay team consists of 40+ zealous folks from various disciplines. As Nasi Goreng is to the people of Indonesia, we are to Gojek: providing the nourishment to sustain our business from the inside out. We run and oversee one of Southeast Asia's largest e-money wallet platforms and Indonesia's leading digital payments provider. Our service is now accepted at over 300,000 online and offline merchants in Indonesia alone. It's our job to ensure that this number grows, and more importantly, that anyone utilizing our platform is given the most seamless payment experience possible. How does one achieve this, you may ask? By collaborating diligently with our users to understand the daily obstacles they face in the payment arena, then crafting our products and services to aid these issues.
As a team, we're concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other's personal and professional growths, too. Along with a common drive to jump over technical barriers and provide sustainable solutions, our team bonds over our shared love for tea, movies, and TV shows. With WFH becoming more normalized, you best believe we've been sharing our favorite ways to prioritize a healthy work-life balance at home (Netflix marathons, anyone?😜).
Gojek is a Super App. It's one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia's first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.