Prime Minister Narendra Modi urged Indian startup founders to look beyond valuations and think on creating world-class institutions. PM Modi while addressing the National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM) Technology and Leadership Forum (NTLF) also lauded the solutions by tech experts which served as an inspiration during the COVID-19 crisis.
"During the time when almost every sector was affected due to pandemic, IT industry achieved a 2 percent growth which is commendable," noted PM Modi.
Addressing the IT industry, PM Modi said that India is no short of ideas. It just needs mentors to turn those ideas into a reality. The corporate social responsibility (CSR) efforts of the IT industry to develop lateral thinking in rural kids can be a gamechanger for the country. The IT sector ensured that our technology becomes indigenous. The industry should develop solutions for societal good which leverage on Make For India mark.
"India's IT industry should focus on bolder aspirations, leadership, and contribution towards the country. The industry will have to build new measures to be competitive to become the global technology leader. A large population of the country is the biggest strength for the IT industry as people are eager to adopt newer solutions," said PM Modi.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi At Nasscom: Key Highlights
• The IT industry couldn't get profits from the huge domestic market of India. But our government policies changed this approach in recent years: PM Modi
• Think how to build institutions that will outlive this century: PM Modi
• Think how the IT industry can make world-class products that will set the global benchmark on excellence: PM Modi
• Within a short period, India has shifted from being a cash economy to a cashless economy: PM Modi
• There was a time when India was dependent on other countries even for the smallpox vaccine. Today we are giving made in India Corona vaccines to other nations. India's solutions during corona became an inspiration to the whole world: PM Modi
• During Covid, our science and technology proved itself as well as evolved. The entire world looks at India with great hope and expectations during this time: PM Modi
The 29th edition of NTLF is being coordinated from February 17 to 19. It is the NASSCOM's flagship event. This year's theme is 'Shaping the future towards a better normal.'
Check out PM Modi address NASSCOM Technology and Leadership Forum here