The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad has announced an Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Program in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Information Theory. The Ph.D. Program is being coordinated by the Center for Interdisciplinary Programs (CIP) with the aim of encouraging students to explore the interface of certain Science and Engineering disciplines.
The candidates who are interested in the Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Program can submit their online applications before 30 April 2021. The candidate can select a maximum of two research projects including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Information Theory, Energy, Environment and Creative Design, Novel Materials and Techniques, and Healthcare.
Topics of Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Projects in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Information Theory
- Design and analysis of composite materials and structures using machine learning algorithms
- Creative artificial intelligence: Indian Art based datasets to generate novel forms of creation using Artificial Intelligence in both 2D and 3D
- Application of machine learning in photonic system for the next generation of smart lasers
- Parametric generative design automation for building design optimisation
- Solving practical problems in image analysis using interpretable deep learning methods
- Applying machine learning algorithms to solve faint astronomical object classification problem
- Algebraic methods for network coding
IIT Hyderabad Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Program: Eligibility
The candidate should have a Masters Degree in MA/ME/MTech or equivalent in any discipline or BE/BTech or equivalent with a valid GATE score, or MSc or equivalent in any discipline.
IIT Hyderabad Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Program: How To Apply
The candidates need an email address, phone number, and a recent passport size photograph to apply for the Ph.D. Program. The unreserved category candidates need to pay Rs. 300 as the application fee and the reserved candidates have to pay Rs. 150. The interested candidates can apply for the IIT Hyderabad Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Program before 30 April 2021.
The candidates can visit the Official Website for more information and details.