|Job title: Design Engineer Professional - Android Development|
|Location||New Delhi, Delhi|
|Job date||Sat, 20 Mar 2021 04:49:15 GMT|
Job description: Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
The purpose of the Android Developer role is to create, lead and implement significant technical solutions that could impact internally and/or externally. You will be required to select an appropriate technical strategy and deliver a solution in-line with architecture & security standards (without instruction or guidance to do so). Specifically this role is accountable for:
- Conducting peer reviews within BT or with suppliers, including challenging the quality of development and use of software engineering practice.
- May be responsible for a level of integration of their solution with other solutions owned outside of their team. Typically have responsibility for technically coordinating a matrix team to deliver solutions.
- May be responsible for customer interaction and delivery of solution back to the customer.
- Contributing as a software consultant to architecture and solution design decisions towards the technology roadmap Responsible for working with third party suppliers on integrating and delivering a quality solution.
- Providing assurance for other software engineers including resolving complex issues, coaching & mentoring and contributing to their learning
- Accountable for the design and development of complex projects. This includes ensuring that contributing estimates are of a coherent quality of delivery; providing realistic inputs into delivering within agreed timelines and budgets; adequately documenting delivery; and ensuring correct functional and non-functional behaviour for the solution.
You'll have the following responsibilities
- Where necessary, act as a facilitator or task manager to own software deliveries in the assigned area of influence (TDM would be involved).
- Make recommendations to Specialist Software Engineer/Engineering Manager regarding problem resolution.
- The role holder need to possess good hands on technical expertise and design/development/ implementation experience in building large scale enterprise applications.
- Strong and experienced individual who is self-motivated as well as able to mentor/guide other team members.
- The individual will have to perform design and development of functionalities and provide assistance in meeting business objectives, solving business problems and furthering business success by applying industry, applications and technical knowledge
- Solve problems with components delivered by the team; integration between systems; in-life deployment; and non-functional issues. Facilitate the team to scope the problem and determine a possible range of solutions.
- Take ownership of problems which have a significant risk to a team’s delivery
- Perform impact analysis for planned and unplanned changes, including changes to cost, resource and functionality.
- Within a team, lead and implement changes to the ways of working. Responsible for assuring technical changes that go into production
- Designing the overall architecture of the web application.
You'll have the following skills & experience
- Experience with the Android SDK, Java, NDK, C++
- Experience with JSON concepts and REST APIs
- Experience working with product management and UI/UX designers
- Excellent communication skill
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-moving and growing environment
- Implementing measures to safeguard users' data.
- Ensuring that the construction and presentation of your apps are congruent with the company's standards
- Excellent coding and proofreading skills.
- Front end tech: Android SDK and dependencies.
- Kotlin, Java, Jacascript
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs, XML
- Front-end tools such as Dagger, NPM, etc
- Code versioning tools such as GIT
- DevOps and others: Jenkins, UI/UX Automation
- Knowledge of unit testing framework.
- Knowledge of Google APIs
- Experience with mobile data storage with SQLite/Room or other DBs including no-SQL
- Understanding of RxJava, Dependency Injection frameworks like Dagger 2.
- Good experience in memory management, performance tuning, and resource optimizations
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!