• The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and Geena Davis’s Gender Institute (GDI) in the media released a report entitled Gender Bias and Inclusiveness in Indian Advertising. Research shows that although Indian ads are better than global benchmarks in terms of girls and women having equal performance on-screen.
• The United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) has recommended that India be included in the list of the most serious violations of religious freedom in 2020 for the second year in a row.
• The Cabinet has approved an exclusive subsidy policy for Talcher Fertilizers Limited (TFL) to produce urea through coal gasification. Urea is a widely used fertilizer in India. Capacity and location: TFL is building a urea plant with an annual output of 1.27 million tons based on coal gasification technology in Odisha State.
• The opening ceremony of the Boao Forum for Asia (BFA) Annual Conference was held in Boao. Boao is the Hainan Province of South China. This year’s BFA will celebrate its 20th anniversary. The forum witnessed more than 2500 participants from more than 60 countries.
• The fifth session of the Codex Committee on Spices and Culinary Herbs (CCSCH) established by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) under the Codex Alimentarius Commission (CCSCH) opened. The Codex Committee on Spices and Culinary Herbs was established in the year 2013.
• Aiming at young people in communities affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, a program called “Global Youth Mobilization” was launched. The Global Youth Summit (GYS), to be held from April 23 to 25, 2021, is the starting point for young people to participate in mobilization.
Subscribe to Get Weekly updates
Get daily current affair video, detailed current affairs PPT for quick revision and Free One Liner PDF directly in your inbox.
Subscribe now to get this month's one liner for FREE.