• The Economist Intelligence Unit and Facebook released the “Inclusive Internet Index.” According to the index, India ranks 49th in terms of Internet penetration and gender equality in Internet access. Facebook’s Inclusive Internet Index surveyed 120 countries.
• The Covid pandemic has had a negative impact on the production of Bhavani jamakkalam with the GI label. Bhavani Jamakkalam refers to blankets and rugs produced in Bhavani, Erode District, Tamil Nadu. It has been recognized as a geographical indication by the Indian government.
• The flagship “State of World Population Report 2021” of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) was released, entitled “My Body Is My Own”.
• The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs launched two different challenges – Eat Smart City Challenge and the Transport 4 All Challenge. EatSmart Cities Challenge: These challenges are aimed at creating an environment with correct eating habits and eating habits, and making public transportation safe, affordable, comfortable.
• The Home Affairs ministry has restored electronic visa (e-visa) facilities for foreigners from 156 countries/regions who intend to visit India for the business, conference, and medical purposes (including medical staff). The e-visa for tourists has not been restored.
• The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has launched three new programs/services of the National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI). IPv6 Expert Group (IP Expert): The team provides support to all Indian entities that find it technically challenging to migrate and adopt IPv6.
Subscribe to Get Weekly updates
Get daily current affair video, detailed current affairs PPT for quick revision and Free One Liner PDF directly in your inbox.
Subscribe now to get this month's one liner for FREE.