• India hosted the BRICS Finance Ministers’ Meeting. This is the first meeting of the BRICS countries under the auspices of India in 2021. As the chairman of the BRICS in 2021, India’s goal is to focus on cooperation within the BRICS based on continuity, consolidation and consensus.
• The International Monetary Fund released the World Economic Outlook entitled Managing Recovery in Different. The report predicts that India’s GDP growth in the current fiscal year 2022 will be 12.5%. This is 1% higher than the previous forecast of 11.5% in January 2021. This is the highest among emerging economies and elite developed economies.
• Landslides and flash floods caused by heavy rains in eastern Indonesia killed at least 41 people and displaced thousands. Flash Flood: Flash floods refer to floods that occur within six hours of heavy rain or other reasons. These are highly localized events with a short duration. However, sometimes flash floods may occur within a few minutes or within a few hours after a heavy rain. Heavy rain is not the only potential cause of flash floods.
• Bird watchers spotted these birds for the first time in Nanjarayan Tank in Coimbatore. From the first week of October, migratory birds will arrive at the water tank from all over the world and depart at the end of March the following year. Pacific golden plover: Because its breeding habitat in the Arctic tundra extends from Alaska, USA to Russia, it usually migrates to South Asia in winter.
• Ukrainian President (Volodymyr Zelensky) urged NATO for speedning up the process of joining the alliance, as it was the only way to end the fight against pro-Russian separatists. Background: Since 2014, the conflict in eastern Ukraine has been intensifying, which is the main escalation of the conflict in eastern Ukraine.
Subscribe to Get Weekly updates
Get daily current affair video, detailed current affairs PPT for quick revision and Free One Liner PDF directly in your inbox.
Subscribe now to get this month's one liner for FREE.