• Recently this information was given by the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare in Lok Sabha.
• Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North East Region (MOVCD-NER) is a Central Sector Scheme, a sub-mission under National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA), launched by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
• It is implemented in the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
• The scheme aims to develop certified organic production in a value chain mode to link growers with consumers and to support the development of the entire value chain starting from inputs, seeds, certification, to the creation of facilities for collection, aggregation, processing, marketing and brand building initiative.
• Farmers are given assistance of Rs 25000/ha/3 years for organic inputs including organic manure and bio-fertilizers etc. for NE States under the scheme.
Mains Paper 3: Economy
Prelims level: Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North East Region
Mains level: Read the newsfeed