• NCRB (National Crime Records Bureau) celebrates its 36th anniversary. NCRB was established in 1986. The NCRB is formed by the merger of the Inter-State Criminals Data Department, the Directorate of Coordination and Police Computer (DCPC) and the CBI Central Finger Print Bureau.
• Pi Day is celebrated on March 14, commemorating Pi (the Greek letter π). This idea originated in the United States. In the United States, it is agreed to write the date in a format that represents March 14th as 3/14. These three numbers match the value of pi to up to two decimal places, which is 3.14.
• India’s largest national power company (NTPC) is developing India’s largest floating solar power plant in terms of power generation (100MW) in Ramagundam in the Peddapalli district of Telangana. Highlights: The project is in line with India’s commitment to achieve the goal of achieving 175 GW of installed renewable energy capacity by 2022, including 100 GW of installed solar capacity.
• The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and the Japan Aeronautics and Space Administration (JAXA) reviewed cooperation in Earth observation, lunar cooperation and satellite navigation. The space agencies of the two countries also agreed to explore cooperation opportunities in the “Space Situation Awareness and Professional Exchange Program.”
• China officially approved the 14th Five-Year Plan for 2021-2025 on March 11, 2021. The draft outline has been adopted by the National People’s Congress. The new five-year plan highlights some key strategic projects that the country will prioritize.
• The veteran Indian female cricket player Mithali Raj became the first Indian female cricket player to complete 10,000 international cricket matches. She also became the second female cricket player to complete 10,000 runs at the international level. Mithali Raj led the Indian One Day International (ODI) team to join the elite club of Charlotte Edwards in England.
Subscribe to Get Weekly updates
Get daily current affair video, detailed current affairs PPT for quick revision and Free One Liner PDF directly in your inbox.
Subscribe now to get this month's one liner for FREE.